Canon 6D gallery, could mostly be done with with m43?

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Adventsam
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,983
Like?
Re: Canon 6D gallery, could mostly be done with with m43?
In reply to marike6, Nov 20, 2012

marike6 wrote:

Adventsam wrote:

Just checked the 6d gallery which I thought was quite nice for a change, but what I notice now more than ever is the fact there is not much there that can't be done with m43, in fact for many instances m43 would be better, eg in the macro shots they are stopping down and down to get the deeper dof which is hammering the iso and shutter. All in all these behemoths are looking decidedly lacklustre.

This argument again?

I'm no Canon fan, but except for size and possibly to option of having deeper DOF, this is an argument you cannot win. And whether you consider a FF DSLR a "behemoth" or a compact, highly portable camera when compared to medium or large formats, the reason so many continue to use FF cameras superb IQ, rugged build quality, and huge choice of focal lengths from UWA to super telephotos.

To me, there is no reason at all to choose one system (P&S, m43, APS-C, FF) at the exclusion of all others.

I am glad to hear that marike6, I wasnt saying or even criticising 6d, it is what it is, am just saying that its not looking as flexible anymore, in fact the af its been bestowed with makes it look decidedly antiquated.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow