Canon 6D gallery, could mostly be done with with m43?

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Adventsam
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,983
Like?
Re: Canon 6D gallery, could mostly be done with with m43?
In reply to illy, Nov 20, 2012

illy wrote:

Adventsam wrote:

illy wrote:

Adventsam wrote:

Just checked the 6d gallery which I thought was quite nice for a change, but what I notice now more than ever is the fact there is not much there that can't be done with m43, in fact for many instances m43 would be better, eg in the macro shots they are stopping down and down to get the deeper dof which is hammering the iso and shutter. All in all these behemoths are looking decidedly lacklustre.

and conversely the 6D can do just what m4/3rds can do, they both take pictures just decide which is the toy you want most

-- hide signature --

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

Actually, it is much less flexible;

without the lens I can get the OMD into my jacket pocket, even with the 14/20mm pancake.

All primes, any fl even legacy are stabilised

Shutter speed for many macros and stills is less of an issue due to IBIS

Stopping down to get dof is not an issue as in the main the camera lens are sharp wide open and exhibit this requirement.

Magnified view in-camera evf for perfect focussing

face and eye detection in-camera evf for perfect portrait exposure and not necesary to frame with single center cross hair af point?

Also, in later life I will not suffer the neck and stress problems caused by bulky camera equipment.

All in all, 6d is a dead-duck, quack quack.

a camera in your pocket can only take pictures of inside your pocket. Using a tripod is the best solution for macros, especially stacking images. You can still take picture without any form of IS. Getting enough DOF is not a problem if you have a clue what you're doing. The 6D has liveview i guess so the same could be said. Better to pick the focus point you want with portraits rather than letting the camera decide. I use big camera and suffer no aches or pains from them. We'll only know if it's a dead duck after about 6 months of sales..

As you can see lots of your points are general photography common sense and non camera brand related.

Maybe so, but my point regarding size is not meant to be taken that you need a tripod anyway so what's the point of a small camera? its meant to mean that its a small camera that can go anywhere, anytime? I am sure the 6d will be seen wherever you go? ie it has no stealth factor. Re the macro, I think this is where m43 is really got old behemoths in their siight, the advantage of dof wider open, helps with shutter speed, or am I worng again because you only use a tripod? anyway stick with 6d and a single af point, good luck with that.

-- hide signature --

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow