Questions for owners of a77,..Can you help me out?

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Simao
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Re: Questions for owners of a77,..Can you help me out?
In reply to Setter Dog, Nov 20, 2012

The a77 is a beefed up a65, so it has the same sensor and the same EVF. You can see almost literally try the high iso setting of the a77 by trying your a65 (and I have both). Of course that doesn't mean that these two cameras are the same, there is so much "Extras" that were omitted from the a65 that mean that this camera is a much inferior camera to the a77.

As for the micro-adjust, the act of micro-adjusting is very easy, but the main problem is knowing how! there are several methods and some charts that you can buy, the problem with these is that sometimes you can't be too sure.

The camera (a77) can accept micro-adjusting for any lens that is fitted to it, it stores it and reapply it when that lens is fitted again. The main problem with non-sony lenses is the fact that many lenses are identified as being the same on the camera and they might even share the same ID number with a sony lens, so if you have a couple of sigmas you might need to note down the value of micro-adjust and apply it every time you attach one of these to the camera. If it is just one that you have that shouldn't be a concern.

A list of lens ID to check whether your lenses share the same ID or not is below. You can see that for example lens ID 25 is shared between a Minolta lens and 9 other sigmas! if

http://www.equational.org/importphotos/lenses.txt

Simao's gear list:Simao's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II Sony SLT-A77 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow