RX1 Street Photography: First Impressions

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
brandonheato
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 Street Photography: First Impressions
In reply to tesilab, Nov 20, 2012

Could you answer a question for me about the Fn button? On the RX100, there is a menu function which allows you to enable a subset of the possible settings reachable from the Fn button. This is very useful, since I only typically need about three of them, and it reduces clutter. The published pdf file does not show this menu item for customizing Fn at all. Instead it allows assigning a single function to C button and AEL, etc.

fiddled with my set and it doesn't seem like this can be done...

I'm also trying to understand the relationship between the EVF and the Fn button. From the manual it sounds like the button behaves one way when EVF is attached, taking over the whole LCD, and another way without an EVF.

I dont have the EVF so i can't answer this unfortunately

I'm planning on going to the event at B&H tomorrow, but, never having been to something like this, I don't know if I'll actually get a chance to hold it, dig into the menus and resolve the questions for myself. I'm also hoping to discover that the peaking is the same as the other reviewers have reported it, and not as you are currently experiencing it.

Looking forward to your report! am particularly curious about the focus peaking part.

-- hide signature --
 brandonheato's gear list:brandonheato's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow