For Those Who Are Doubtful of a D300s Replacement

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 32,215
Like?
Re: If no D400/7100....
In reply to Sameer Thawani, Nov 20, 2012

Sameer Thawani wrote:

.. While they have room for a D300s successor, I don't see one coming - otherwise the D7000 wouldn't have made a whole load of sense.

-- hide signature --

Bob

But can't the same be applied to the Canon line ? They have a 60D as well as a 7D.

The Canon repositioning was somewhat different. Their to APS-C camera before the 7D was the 50D, a camera considerably below the D7000. With the 7D they moved the spec up to a bit above the D7000, but actually quite a way sort of the D300. Then the released the 60D  below even where the 50D had been. It's not been seen as a big success, though I think the 60D is a good camera, I very seriously considered buying one.

In any case, I have the D7000 and sorely miss the 51 pt AF system as well as the rough and tough feel of the d300s. I for one, would gladly replace my D7000 with a D400 if it came out. Only reason I don't have the D300s anymore is because I found the D7000 high ISO to be much much better than the D300s.

What matters to Nikon in the end is what people actually buy, not what they wish for.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow