Four-thirds lenses on a MFT camera?

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Questions thread
Klarno
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,245Gear list
Like?
Re: Four-thirds lenses on a MFT camera?
In reply to ccolby, Nov 20, 2012

If your 14-54 is the newer mk II version, it actually performs pretty admirably on Micro Four Thirds cameras. In my experience, it actually focuses faster across a broader range of light conditions on my GH2 than it did on my E-520 (only in bright, midday daylight did the E-520 focus this lens faster, and frankly that's a light condition that I avoid shooting in). It won't compare with the lens that comes with your GH2 in terms of focusing speed and quietness though.

The 11-22 is a slowpoke, but focuses accurately. This should also be the case for the 50mm f/2.0 macro, and the older 14-54. The 50-200 is another question of the model: The older model which you mentioned is the one that's more CDAF-friendly in this case, so you're lucky there. The newer SWD model is going to be more prone to not locking accurate focus.

-- hide signature --
 Klarno's gear list:Klarno's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 A3000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow