NEX-6 photoshoot w/ Zeiss 24/1.8, SEL 50/1.8 and 16-50 kit lens (pics)

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,367Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-6 photoshoot w/ Zeiss 24/1.8, SEL 50/1.8 and 16-50 kit lens (pics)
In reply to ballwin12, Nov 20, 2012

ballwin12 wrote:

José B wrote:

ballwin12 wrote:

You are such a talented photographer that I can not see the difference between $1000 Zeiss lens and a cheap kit lens! Very nice set ! Every lens in your hand should give great pictures!

Thanks for the kind words. I do shoot RAW and these pics have been edited. But straight out of cam the Zeiss images definitely are sharper and much better color and contrast than the other two.

I'm sorry for off topic but I'm on market getting a fast prime. I can not decide between Zeiss 24mm and Sony 35mm which will be available soon.

Would you think the Zeiss is worth the price tag if we don't talk about the different focal length ? Thanks !

I love my Zeiss lens, it's one of the reasons why I am shooting with a Sony NEX system. As I mentioned before the clarity, sharpness, bokeh and contrast are awesome! For me the image quality I am getting is similar to my Canon L lenses. For me it's definitely worth the price I paid for it.

I haven't seen the reviews for the Sony 35 but if it is like my SEL 50/1.8 it will be an excellent lens. For me though comparing the IQ of the SEL 50 vs. the Zeiss, without a doubt the latter is superior.

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow