TOF guy
TOF guy MOD
Forum ProPosts: 10,714Gear list
Like?
Re: Useful info: stay away from Black rapid straps and the like
In reply to 8TAV, Nov 20, 2012

8TAV wrote:

TOF GUY

This is my first attempt to enter information on this site in maybe 10 years. I have never tried to enter a photo and I'm not highly motivated to try to learn how to do it. Frankly I have been amazed at the people who have attacked my veracity. What possible moitive would I have to try to mislead? Maybe Wednesday I will fire up the 105 macro on the D-700 and try and take the pix of the opening under the lens on the D-800 but I don't plan to spend much time trying to figure out how to post it to weird people who challenge my veracity or motives. Really I don't give a damn if people believe me, my whole thought was to save others from similar event. I am amazed at the attitude of some of the people here.

Message for the doubters. You're right! I dreamed up the whole thing and tried to make fools of all of you but you clever people saw through my effort. Damn, you are really clever even those of you who don't know how to use the english language. Have a nice holiday!

I hope the request for the picture I've made did not come accross as questioning your word, like a request for evidence. If so I apologize. It was not the reply intent. If anything I feel very sorry for your misfortune, and am grateful for your feedback as I've learned something about not using the tripod thread as an attachment for a strap (or a monopod head as I've posted somewhere else in this thread).

You've asked for suggestions on how to deal with the bending and a picture would help me and maybe others to answer. And I must admit that I'm kind of curious to see how bad is the opening, get an idea of what it looks like, and as the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words. Certainly please don't sweat over it if you don't have the time and motivation to do it. If you can that's great and thank you for that, if not we'll live.

-- hide signature --

Thierry

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow