Canon 7D or Canon 60D?

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Questions thread
Gene L.
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,787Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 7D or Canon 60D?
In reply to Adatulip, Nov 20, 2012

Adatulip wrote:

yeah, thanks for your suggestion. Actually, I don't know much about the difference of so many various brands of cameras. I just feel interested in taking pictures of the landscape. And I am learning the photography skill. it will take me much time to learn it well.

I think you will find the 60D is just a bit more versatile due to the articulating LCD screen, which I find much more useful than I originally had though it would be. The electronic level has been handy a few times as well. The 60D is lighter too, so your kit is easier to pack to those hard to reach scenic spots. Put the money you save on the camera toward a good lens like the Canon 15-85, which is very sharp and with a focal range well suited for landscapes.

You will also want to invest in a spirit level, remote shutter release (wired or wireless), and a good tripod and ball head. There are lots of these from which to choose and lots of opinions on which is the best. My experience is that under normal circumstances any good tripod will do the trick. A good ball head can get expensive, so if needing to cut costs, be sure to read lots of user reviews. A cheap ball head may hold the camera just fine, but drive you crazy by moving the framing as you clamp it tight, so beware of clamp creep.

The important part of tripod based photography is to also use mirror lockup and remote triggering to avoid vibrations. No matter how good your support system may be, it is not going to be effective without mirror lockup and remote triggering.

Gene L.'s gear list:Gene L.'s gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 60Da Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow