Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
digital ed
Senior MemberPosts: 2,995Gear list
Like?
Re: Then why use the Metro...
In reply to migibson99, Nov 20, 2012

migibson99 wrote:

digital ed wrote:

After some familiarization I have set up the DESKTOP so Win 8 looks and runs just like Win 7. If you look at the desktop and use it you will think you are using Win 7. I prefer this for a desktop PC. I see no compromise or sacrifice doing this. With one mouse click or button press I can switch between the desktop view and Metro view.

Except for some hardware compatibility issues with older hardware on Win 8 it runs as well as Win 7 and I have had no crashes or any other stability or reliability issues.

This is not a ringing endorsement for anyone considering upgrading to Windows 8. So, you can make it look and feel like Windows 7, and you will think you are using Windows 7. Except for some hardware incompatabilities, it runs as well as Windows 7. So why not just stick with Windows 7? That is the fundemental question.

For now I am sticking with Win 7 (and XP Pro) on my desktops.

Win 8 Pro is in a virtual disk on my media center Win 7 PC. The display is a 65 inch LCD and Win 8 looks great on it. Fun to play with MS Media Center for Win 8 on a large screen.

digital ed's gear list:digital ed's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow