To P7700 users: what made you choose the P7700 over the G15 ?

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Butor
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
To P7700 users: what made you choose the P7700 over the G15 ?
Nov 20, 2012

Just curious about what was the decisive factor for those who purchased the P7700

G15:

- a bit smaller in size

- VF (very basic but still)

- Integrated lens cap

- Faster focus (i think ?)

P7700:

- (Slightly ?) better zoom

- Swivel screen

Myself:

- I dont really care about the presence or lack of the VF or the swivel screen.

- Holding the camera felt similarly great for both model, but the size of theĀ  G15 makes it easier to carry in a pocket. it would also fit in small case bags where the P7700 wouldn't even though the size difference is not that huge

- I do find lens cap to be annoying to deal with, so another big plus for the G15

- coming from a camera that had a 12X optical zoom (an old S2 IS), I'm worried that I wiill find the 5x of the G15 underwhelming. On the other hand, how different is the 7x of the P7700 ?

- didnt mention IQ since there are reviews going both ways so I'll treat it as even.

- I should mention that I will most probably use JPEG 95 % of the time and I also tend to rely a lot on the AUTO mode.

Really tough decision! That's what I'd really love to hear from P7700 lovers or those who were torn by the same choice

Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow