Forum ProPosts: 16,887Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony Nex-6 + Pixel King wireless triggers
In reply to tbyork2010, Nov 20, 2012

tbyork2010 wrote:

José B wrote:

tbyork2010 wrote:

Hi.

I have sold my Nex-7 and bought the Nex-6 instead recently. I have a pair of Pixel King Triggers which I bought a year ago to use with the A77 and Nex-7, with the HVL-F43AM and HVL-F58AM flash. But before I could try it on the Nex-6, I had to wait for the adapter ADP-MAA I ordered to arrive, which BTW is not included with the Nex-6.

The adapter arrived yesterday, and I am pleased to say that I have been able to trigger consistently with both triggers, from 1/60 to 1/4000 HSS. So it looks like Pixel King's latest firmware has resolved the compatibility issues, even on the new body the Nex-6.

Hope that info is of help.

Regards,

BT

Great, thanks for the info. especially the HSS part as I use that feature a lot in outdoor portraiture. I also got the ADP-MAA adapter recently but still waiting on the F43AM flash ordered from a local store.

By the way, how much distance can you go outdoors between your camera and the off-shoe flash? Can it go at least 20ft?

Cheers,

José

The Pixel King is rated for up to 100m between commander and remote, so I expect you should be able to go to 20ft no problems. I haven't had the occasion to do that though, so have not tested personally.

BT

Thanks for the info. Just waiting for my F43AM order and this will be my first Sony external flash. I am not sure whether to get the Pixel King so I can get the F43AM off camera or just get another F43AM.

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow