Forum ProPosts: 17,337Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony Nex-6 + Pixel King wireless triggers
In reply to DuncanDovovan, Nov 20, 2012

DuncanDovovan wrote:

José B wrote:

tbyork2010 wrote:

Hi.

I have sold my Nex-7 and bought the Nex-6 instead recently. I have a pair of Pixel King Triggers which I bought a year ago to use with the A77 and Nex-7, with the HVL-F43AM and HVL-F58AM flash. But before I could try it on the Nex-6, I had to wait for the adapter ADP-MAA I ordered to arrive, which BTW is not included with the Nex-6.

The adapter arrived yesterday, and I am pleased to say that I have been able to trigger consistently with both triggers, from 1/60 to 1/4000 HSS. So it looks like Pixel King's latest firmware has resolved the compatibility issues, even on the new body the Nex-6.

Hope that info is of help.

Regards,

BT

Great, thanks for the info. especially the HSS part as I use that feature a lot in outdoor portraiture. I also got the ADP-MAA adapter recently but still waiting on the F43AM flash ordered from a local store.

By the way, how much distance can you go outdoors between your camera and the off-shoe flash? Can it go at least 20ft?

Cheers,

José

At 50mm and ISO100 and with a shutter of 1/500, the guide number of the HVL-F43AM is about 10. So this means @f/2.8 it goes to 3.5m, which is about 12 ft.

The HVL-F58AM will go a bit further, but not much.

-- hide signature --

I'm a peaceful person looking for clarity and harmony and willing to help. If you believe my post had the intention to harm you in some way, you are probably wrong. =;-) Please verify first before assuming something bad happened to you. I can be a bit too brief at times. =;-)

thanks Duncan.

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow