Crazy challenges

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,426Gear list
Like?
Re: Crazy challenges
In reply to Mike Ronesia, Nov 19, 2012

I like your BLUE shot. I suspect it did well because it was also something unusual. The blue is a very striking blue.

On the other hand, I'm not crazy about the second shot. For me, my eyes were drawn back and forth between the pitcher and the pie topping (pie topping, right?) that looks like it has some kiwi on it. If the shot is for a fruit challenge, it's not a very predominant subject in the photo.

As a photographer without any kind of credentials about what is and isn't a good photo, take my comments with a grain of salt.

Nevertheless, it is crazy here sometimes.

I entered a photo on another site (which is only in existance for challenges and contests of varying kinds) which did dismal here. There, all contests are judged by (supposedly) successful people in the profession--their name and credentials are usually listed for each contest/challenge. Anyway, out of about 90 entries, it managed 1 of 3 honorable mentions. And 1st - 3rd obviously ahead of me.

-- hide signature --

/A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life"./
(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow