Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dennis2
Regular MemberPosts: 183
Like?
D70, D700, and D7000
Nov 19, 2012

Relatively soon, tentatively this weekend, I will have, in my hands, 3 cameras:  D70, D700, and D7000.

Seizing this opportunity, I wanted to, perhaps, dare I say . . . compare the cameras?

Wow there, that was a thought almost as perverted as I am.  What do you say, should I go for it ?   Or do I abandon the thought with all deliberate recklessness?

Instead of just getting the cameras and doing some sort of a comparison first, I wanted to ask the people who know -- is it worth it?  If so, what exactly do I do and how exactly do I do it?

My plan is, once I get the cameras, to mount them on a steady surface and take some photos of the same subjects.  Also, I have a ColorChecker at my disposal, as well as 50mm and 17-55mm Nikkors that I can use.  Then, my plan to find some targets and frame them to fit the frame as similar as possible, and take some shots with similar dialed up settings.  That's it.  The rest is up to you now.

Nikon D70 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow