EOS-M - 10 pictures - some taken on the way to work today...

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,017Gear list
Like?
Re: EOS-M - 10 pictures - some taken on the way to work today...
In reply to DonA2, Nov 19, 2012

dona2 wrote:

That 1.2 lens doesn't leave much room for focus error. Very thin on closeups. Perhaps that makes it all look a touch soft. Still, they look good to me. What other lenses will you be getting?

-- hide signature --

Don V. Armitage

Hi Don,

Yes, the 50mm f/1.2L offers a very limited DOF - quite shallow when open wide.  It's still capable of exceptionally good, sharp images at different apertures but you're right about it being soft or possessing an excessively thin focus plane:

Crisp subject taken with the Canon 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens - still some nice softening of the background.

Shallow Depth of Feild on the Canon 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens

The two main lenses I want to use with the EOS-M (which have ordered for this camera) are the following:

Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM

http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/lenses/canon_135_2p0

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM

http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/lenses/canon_100_2p8_is_usm

I'm also keen to try one of the Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM lenses with the EOS-M although it would seem to defeat the purpose I have in mind.   I like the concept of using either of the two primes above with the EOS-M but the last (200mm) lens kind of defeats the purpose of being able to carry a large lens with a low profile camera... in that this lens is really just a little to large to be practical.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow