Panasonic vs Olympus Lenses Cost Inquiry

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
SkiHound
Senior MemberPosts: 1,184
Like?
Re: Panasonic vs Olympus Lenses Cost Inquiry
In reply to Jim F, Nov 19, 2012

As for lens costs I'm not sure there's much systematic to price differences. There's nothing really to compare to the Panny 12-35 and 35-100, at this point. The Oly 17 f1.8 looks like it will be about the same street price as the 25 f1.4. The 60mm Oly f2.8 macro is less expensive than the 45mm PL macro with OIS, and reviews would suggest it may be optically better. The Oly 75mm f1.8 is pretty pricey... I'd buy on body features and ergonomics that best fit your needs. I have an E-M5 and own the PL 25. I also rented the 12-35 which I will probably purchase at some point in the future, though I'm not in a hurry for that and am hoping Oly will release a higher grade, faster aperture normal zoom. Personally, I think IBIS is a really nice feature. I've used the E-M5 and PL25 handheld in some low light situations in which I just didn't think hand held photography was possible. But in good light that wouldn't be a consideration. The Panny zooms do have the advantage of having OIS and can be used on any body.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow