Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
trax87
Regular MemberPosts: 351
Like?
Did I make a mistake? Some buyer's remorse/concern
Nov 19, 2012

Hi.  My first post, and probably not the best way to begin on the forum, but what to do?

I could use some help or reassurance.  I am coming from a advanced point and shoot  and decided I wanted a new camera with better image quality (dynamic range and lower light) but still fairly small.  I want to learn to take better photos and about photography in general (I have already learned some basics and taken a simple course), but I also want to use the camera for snap shots and everyday kind of shooting.

I had been thinking about mirorrless cameras and also about small DSLRs and wound up jumping on an Ebay deal for a NEX F3.  I also purchased an EVF.  It's a nice camera, but I can't help wondering if my decision was a little impulsive and if it was the best choice for me.  It is small and seems to be capable of good images, but it is the beginning level of the NEX models and for very little extra I could have purchased a 5N, which many people on the NEX forum seem to suggest is better.  The micro 4/3  cameras have smaller and a greater choice of lenses and some people seem to suggest that a DSLR is a better bet for someone like me with a little knowledge wanting to go further.

I guess I'm just looking for some thoughts and/or reassurance.  The good news is that because I got a pretty good deal, I can always sell the camera and get something else without losing a lot of money (that was one of the reasons for buying it).  But if it is as good as the 5N and/or other options, I guess I'll just use it for a while and maybe continue looking at other options in the meantime.

Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow