Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ahuyevshi
Contributing MemberPosts: 826
Like?
First Weekend with the X-E1
Nov 19, 2012

The X-E1/35mm and Eye-Fi X-pro2 are an award winning combination.. The ooc jpegs are much better than out of my 5d2 and can be shared instantly with family and friends with the Eye-Fi and an android/iOS device.

I returned the X-Pro1 after a few days because to be honest some things really bugged me about it. The Macro Mode switch from OVF to EVF took so much time that I'd usually miss the shot.. The refresh rate on the EVF was painfully slow... Although I read it did get better with the firmware upgrade (Early adopter) and horrendous battery life. I can't stand shooting with the LCD so most mirrorless bodies are out for me and M4/3 just doesn't cut it in image quality. Getting rid of the X-Pro was bitter sweet as every shot with dSLR made me miss it. I've been lusting after the X-E1 since the day it was announced... Everything about it is great. It's not a rangefinder and those that refer to it as one drive me nuts. It's new technology with the vintage look minus the OVF of course.

After a full weekend of shooting I can only come up with 2 cons

1) Focus Point selection is definitely in the wrong spot. I know I can set the Fn but as primarily a manual shooter I like having quick access to ISO selection.

2) Startup time in power save mode is laggy... Turning it on and off is much better in my opinion

Here are a few from this weekend..

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow