Anyone found a tablet that can review AVCHD video smoothly? (other than IPads)

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Questions thread
Kilrah
Senior MemberPosts: 2,564Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone found a tablet that can review AVCHD video smoothly? (other than IPads)
In reply to kelstertx, Nov 19, 2012

kelstertx wrote:

Well that's interesting. I thought AVCHD was h.264. If what you say is true, it certainly explains why the tablet can't play the camera files, yet manages just fine with HD movie rips in h.264 and Xvid. I just thought it was the larger resolution, as my movies are usually 720p.

It is h.264 indeed. What must cause trouble are the MPEG-2 ts container it's in, and/or the AC3 sound format, or some variations on the h.264 standard, never really understood that. But it has always puzzled me too, over these past years all the different kinds of remuxings I've tried never gave me a file that would be played nicely with hardware decoding like an MP4 file on any device.

I've had my first AVCHD camcorder about 5 years ago, and it was such a major pain because support was nearly non-existant for a good 2 years...

Kilrah's gear list:Kilrah's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow