Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
philmar
Senior MemberPosts: 1,922Gear list
Like?
Iguaçu Falls in Brasil/Argentina
Nov 19, 2012

I will be in Buenos Aires, Argentina for 17 days in December and would like to do some small excursions while there. I plan to fly to IguaƧu Falls and back, from Buenos Aires. I plan to spend 4 days there. I plan to see the falls from both sides.
Do you have any helpful hints? Is the light best early morning? From what i see on google earth it appears east/south facing. But it's difficult to tell.
From what I've read the accommodation is far from the falls requiring a bus/taxi ride - or any expensive stay at the Sheraton.
If I stay on the Argentinian side what is the earliest I can make it to the Brazilian side in the morning taking in to account public transit and the border crossing? As a photographer I value the early morning light so I might decide to spend a night on the Brazilian side if I can't get there early enough.
Similarly if I am on the Brazilian side until evening are there any difficulties in getting return transportation to the Argentinian side? Are the taxistas there fond of overcharging tourists?
Also any advice on water fall photography is appreciated - NDG, tripod....mosquito net - LOL?
I plan on a side trip to Colonia de Sacremento, Uruguay for a couple days. Any other photo rich sites nearby Buenos Aires I could go for a day trip?
I've been to Ushuaia, Calafate and El Chalten before. I'd love to go in to Salta and Juyjuy province but that looks like it will have to be a separate trip unless Salta and environs can be done in a meaningful 3 day stay.

-- hide signature --

Phil M. - Toronto, Canada
Time to kill? Then have a look at a few of my photos, including one published by National Geographic : http://www.flickriver.com/photos/phil_marion/sets/

philmar's gear list:philmar's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow