X-E1 "Silver" or Black painted "Silver"?

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Landroutes
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
X-E1 "Silver" or Black painted "Silver"?
Nov 19, 2012

I saw a thread which proposed that the X-E1's metal top housing was a "Painted Silver" version of the Black model but I cannot find it again anywhere?

Can anyone confirm that it is silver through and through such that scratches will not be so noticable with aggressive use?

I have worn through the "Silver" plating all the way down to the brass on many of my older cameras and all of my black cameras tend to show up with various "skidmarks" of use after just a few months. That is what they invented the Sharpie pens for! (I wholly subscribe to the old adage; "The World is your tripod!") So I wish that the top plate of this camera is all metal to the bone! I already suspect that the bottom plate, the plastic half, will be a concern.

Real hands-on experienced answers please, I can speculate all I want but that doesn't get me the answer I need.

Thanks!

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow