red interior of black X100 leather case: does it ruin its 'stealthiness'? pictures and opinions?

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
blub
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
red interior of black X100 leather case: does it ruin its 'stealthiness'? pictures and opinions?
Nov 19, 2012

Hi!,

I'm looking for a new camera, smaller than my DLSR-set, that I could carry with me (almost) everywhere I go and thus start taking pictures much more again.

I've been taking less and less pictures over the past 2 years because of 2 reasons:

(1) taking my big camera-bag when I'm not even sure I'll have something to take pictures of has become a obstacle: I like take pictures in the evening/at night/indoors, when there is less light and thus usually carry some prime-lenses (also just the question of 'what part of the equipment do I take with me/take out of the bag first, even if that might sound silly)

(2) pulling out a DSLR is often to eye-catching for the pictures I'd like to take more often

I've been looking at the black X100+leather case for quite some time now, as it seems to answer both concerns quite nicely. Moreover, moving around with just 1 fix-focal lens might bring back the joy I had when I first started photography with my dad's Nikormat and just 1 standard lens: you take less pictures, you might even miss some photographic sceneries, but you think/refine more and don't end up with tons of pictures (digital era...) and your friends/girlfriend annoid, waiting for you to take the right lens and catch up...

I was just about to buy the black version, when I saw the interior of the black leather-case is vivid red!!

Doens't that kind of ruin the 'stealth'-advantage of the black version when taking pictures with the leather case open!?

Could someone show a picture of the full black leather-case, open, with the camera inside and the 'flipping part' just hanging down as when taking a quick picture?

I prefer the black version mainly because it's more stealthy. (And also partly because it looks incredibly nice! I have to admit it.) I know you can take off the flipping-part of the leather case, but what do I then do with that part if I walking around without any bag: leaving home with only the X100 in its leather-case, without the need for any bag, is one of the reasons I'm looking for the X100.

Of course, when you walk around a whole day, you often cary a small backpack anyway, but again: it would seem more convenient to me if I could leave the X100 in its leather bag around my shoulder, well protected, and just flip it open when I want to take a quick picture.

Any opinions, experiences or pictures are very welcome!!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow