A99 at a (very poorly lit) concert, some observations on advanced features, and questions.

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
J Birn
Contributing MemberPosts: 613
Like?
Re: A99 at a (very poorly lit) concert, some observations on advanced features, and questions.
In reply to Shield3, Nov 19, 2012

Shield3 wrote:

Well I don't know if this matters to you, but enabling AF-D mode means you lose the AF Assist lamp; it's only for AF-A/AF-S/DMF focusing modes.

I was trying to get some shots of my kids last night and wondered why the 24-70 was struggling a bit in low light. Switched it to DMF an all was well.

Didn't know that, thanks!

Like others, after playing a bit with AF-D, object tracking, etc. I have it all turned off and am using AF-S for everything myself. Someday if I shoot a sporting event or something I will test them again, though.

I think some of Sony's technology is promising, but will probably not come into its own on full frame cameras until they develop a full frame AF array with sensors in the parts of the frame where people's faces and eyes are likely to appear.

-- hide signature --

Jeremy Birn

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow