krugorg
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
Re: Epl-5 questions
In reply to sebas77, Nov 19, 2012

sebas77 wrote:

Ulric wrote:

sebas77 wrote:

thanks for the answers...what are the choice for a decent 17mm or 20mm pancake? And what about a fish eye?

I need to check for the price as well

The Panasonic 20 mm is the only pancake lens I would consider. Why are you only interested in pancakes?

not much of a choice then. The reason is that I want a really compact camera, to take with me every day inside my (man) bag.

I have already a Pentax k-5 and yes, I was considering to buy a pentax Q, in fact I am puzzled about which one to go. E-pl5 has a better IQ, but the lenses are also more expensive.

My wife likes her Q because she can fit it in her smallest purse and the built in flash comes in handy.  I like the camera a lot from a gear geek perspective... super tiny, great build and fun to use.  All that said, the image quality, while good for a compact, is just not remotely close to the file quality you will get from the OM-D or E-PL5 with a 20mm/f1.7.

I personally think the E-PL5 and 20mm will be a small package and, most importantly, it won't have you wishing that you had brought your K5 once you see the output.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow