Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
c.hammett
Forum ProPosts: 11,434Gear list
Like?
Re: Re-arranging galleries on pbase.com
In reply to Carey Brown, Nov 19, 2012

Carey Brown wrote:

c.hammett wrote:

I want to delete some of my unwanted galleries (no problem here), and then add and rearrange some other galleries. For example, I want to add and keep several "Rome" galleries from different years' travel together. I don't want to combine galleries from different years, but only to put them next to each other, or below each other, so that they can be seen as a group on the opening gallery thumbnail page.

Is the best way to re-arrange galleries or to insert a gallery, to choose numbers in between other galleries ? And if so, will older galleries fall into place with new numbers ?

I hope this makes sense !

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Will check in tomorrow !

Thanks a bunch !

carolyn

-- hide signature --

Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett
'elegance is simplicity'

Go to your root gallery and click on "edit root gallery" at the top. You will see a list of images and/or galleries that have a "sequence number" for them in the left hand column. Just renumber the sequence in the order that you would like to see them appear and then click the "update gallery images" button at the bottom of the list. Pbase will resequence the images/galleries and then renumber them 10..20..30 and so forth.

FYI, you can make a Rome gallery and move your various yearly Rome galleries inside the top level Rome gallery (ie nested galleries). In this way you can keep them together without having to pay attention to sequencing. It's also useful if you want to send someone the URL for the top level Rome gallery or the URL for one of the Rome sub-galleries.

Carey -

This is exactly what i wanted to know and much better explained than my question !  I have rearranged individual images within galleries numerous times, and moved a gallery or two from time to time, but never done a "major rearrange".  You confirmed what I thought would be the way to work it, but I hated to get into a mess.  I've done that before !

Thanks so much for taking time to answer my question so well !

carolyn

-- hide signature --

Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett
'elegance is simplicity'

c.hammett's gear list:c.hammett's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow