Nikon J1 or V1 need your advise.

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
blank_
Regular MemberPosts: 176Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon J1 or V1 need your advise.
In reply to MarceloLI, Nov 19, 2012

MarceloLI wrote:

I'm a old Olympus user (E1,E3,E5) but last year I jumped with Nikon D300 and D700, I love the system but the size and weigh of it is a problem for me when I travel.

February next year I'll be visiting Paris and London and I'm looking for a small system.

I have in mind the Olympus EP3 and the kit lens or the Nikon V1 or J1, makes more sense to me go with Nikon 1 and use my lenses with the adapter.

I understand the Nikon V1 and J1 use the same sensor, so what is the main difference between those cameras apart of the size and design?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

If you plan to use your FX lenses often , V1 might be better choice, but I would rather stick to nikon 1 glass and get the smaller J1 instead.

CX sensor has a hight density and if you look at 28/1.8 review at photozone, it needs to be stopped down quite a bit for a decent performance and despite it's a compact lens, it looks huge on v1.

One thing I would consider is the image ratio. It's nice to have a backup camera in the same ratio and I much prefer 3:2 for everything except portraiture (where you'll probably use your d700 anyway), but since you were shooting with olympus, you may prefer 4:3.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow