Amateur SLR photographer looks for lighter option...

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greg Stein
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Amateur SLR photographer looks for lighter option...
Nov 19, 2012

Greetings my fellow photographers!

I'm in photography for 10 years. 5 last years I was using (and still do) my lovely Nikon D80. It's amazing camera. The next step for me in terms of image quality maybe FF. If so, I'll switch to Canon. But...

I do hike a lot. Really a lot. Family, solo and friend hikes. I tired carrying my DSLR with lenses. Not mentioning the heavy duty tripod. I'm not taking it any more. I'm really serious about photography and never leave my camera at home. Whatever difficulties it takes for me to overcome. But I thought, and folks here saying the same, the new NEX line is quite good. Same sensor. I suppose optics are not that good and actually quite expensive for it's quality, but the weight!

So, I'm going to try it out. Before NEX-6 came out I was targeted to NEX-7, but now, when I can save $300 for glass I'm thinking about getting the NEX-6.

I'm searching for other people who have DSLR and took the mirrorless option for it's benefits. I'm interested why other people like me buy mirrorless and how do they see it's quality, ergonomics and control after using DSLR.

Thank you in advance!

Kindest regards, Greg.

Nikon D80 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow