Started Nov 19, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Swiss L
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Primes or zooms for a D600?
Nov 19, 2012

I plan on switching from a Cannon 40D with a small selection of lenses to a D600 given that the 6D will not allow me to use my current lens set up. i will soon welcome a new addition to the family and want the best set up for both stills and video. From experience I do not get on with mid-range zooms. I get lazy and they do not provide good bokeh  , which I need  for portraits.  The 50 1,8 despite beng a cheap lens did the job as a portrait lens on the 40d cropped sensor.  My dilemma like a lot of threads is what lens set up works best. I am contemplating the following set up ...16-35 VR, 50 F1.4, and either the 85 1.8G or the soon to arrive 70-200f4 VR. Do I need the 50mm at all or would a set of f1.8-2.8 primes at the wide end work best? How good will the 70-200 be for portraits? I shoot mostly landscapes. S

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow