Contributing MemberPosts: 832
Like?
Re: A77 Slow ???
In reply to valenterio, Nov 19, 2012

valenterio wrote:

Yemble wrote:

valenterio wrote:

I loved my A77 even though it was slow

What do you mean by "slow"... in what sense ???

Buffering time very slow. I had to wait for 3 photos to write to a class 10 card before I could shoot again. Even format format card time slow. Canon and Nikon much faster but I do miss the articulating LCD!!

Class 10 just means the 'minimum read/write speed' should be 10MB/s.. And that might not be acheiveable unless under certain scenario's, I have several Class 10 cards that struggle to achieve 5MB/s in normal file transfer situations..

One of the good things with the A77 is it is proven to be able to take advantage of the faster cards, such as the 95MB/s Sandisks..

DPReview do 'tests' to show how fast a buffer can empty, and even using the slower 45 MB/s cards, they had this to say

This is what DPReview had to say about the buffer speeds

"Despite its headline-grabbing high-speed shooting modes the A77 is much closer to competitors like Canon's EOS 7D and Nikon's D7000. Compared to these cameras, the A77 acquits itself very well indeed"

´╗┐´╗┐Obviously with 24 vs 16MP and therefore larger files, you'd expect some decrease in speed, but luckily, they also take advantage of the faster cards, restoring the performance figures somewhat..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow