Optical Viewfinders

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
DAVID MANZE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,540Gear list
Like?
Re: 8 ft to infinity
In reply to miles green, Nov 19, 2012

Hi,

After thinking seriously about the problems of no OVF on the K01,I checked out the OVFs on ebay,man, they make good money, a few years ago nobody wanted them,but with the mirror-less onset they are like gold-dust! also you need one for every focal length, so with cheap hoodmans available on ebay, I purchased one of those.

I fly medium-sized model airplanes and following these round the sky is almost impossible with the screen with or without the hoodman,so I made a  wire frame-finder out of an old flashgun hotshoe and a stainless steel  welding rod 1.2mm (defluxed) as shown in the (poor quality) photo. Used with the FA 50mm 1.4 it gives accurate enough framing with totally clear vision to what's going on "outside and inside" the frame! something which no-other viewfinder can do.Cost, the price of a dead flashgun and one welding rod.

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow