ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
frostireland
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
good camera for still & video for video podcasts and possible broadcast
Nov 19, 2012

My first post here...

We've got a D40 with two Nikon zoom lenses.  We really like the D40, but are going on a fund raising extended trip next summer, and want to document it for video blogs and hopefully use some of the footage for something that has enough quality to be broadcast for short film/news item.  We'll also take stills.

I have no illusions that we will be able to come close to a pro in our video technique, but we hope to learn enough to do a reasonable job in the lead up to the trip.  We want to choose and buy by January, so for now I want to understand what specs I should be looking for in our budget (sub $1000) for camera, accessories, etc, and which particular cameras we should look at.

Im not sure if it is relevent to try and reuse our existing D40 lenses, so any thoughts on them would be helpful.  Since we're familiar with Nikon, I'm considering the D3200 and D5200 (when it comes out), but really there's no other basis (other than the existing lenses and our experience with the D40) to go with Nikon unless it really is a good choice.

So if you can suggest good places to learn enough to compare/judge the various specs, and also particular cameras and accessories you'd recommend, I'd very much appreciate hearing them!

Thanks!

Nikon D3200 Nikon D40 Nikon D5200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow