Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ200

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
TheDigitalCruiser
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ200
In reply to Phill D, Nov 19, 2012

I have an FZ200, along with my Olympus OM-D with 5 lenses, and my Sony RX100, and thee FZ200 will do some thing that would be impossible with any of the other combos.  The main advantages of the 2.8 lens is that it permits you to shoot at about 300mm and beyond in almost any outdoor lighting situation at high enough shutter speeds to get a good shot, and -- just as important -- to blur out the background on any portraits or street photos.  As for quality, I print all my photos at 13"x19" and the FZ200 produces outstanding results.  Also, the electronic viewfinder is -- while a bit smaller -- just as easy to use as the OM-D's EVF.  Except for when you want a concealable camera like the RX100, or you want the last word in quality like the OM-D with the 25mm or 75mm lenses, the FZ200 will not disappoint.  Dollar-for-dollar and ounce-for-ounce, it's probably the most versatile of all cameras on the market today. Mount a high-quality 35mm or 50mm f1.4 lens on your Nikon, and you'll be able to shoot anything with terrific results!

TheDigitalCruiser's gear list:TheDigitalCruiser's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow