I have the Xpro1 with 35mm lens...has anyone put a wide angle conversion lens on it?

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
lnbolch
Senior MemberPosts: 1,860Gear list
Like?
Re: I have the Xpro1 with 35mm lens...has anyone put a wide angle conversion lens on it?
In reply to Bejersey, Nov 19, 2012

No, but I have a Nikon 0.75× that worked brilliantly on the early bridge cameras, and it fits the 18mm and 35mm. Not so the Fuji. Unacceptably soft in the middle and a disaster at the edges. Stopping down to f/5.6 did not help. Nikon said they designed the lenses to become part of the optical system, and Fuji said much the same with the conversion lens for the X100, which has been reported as excellent.
During the boom in camcorders a couple of decades back, there were lots of cheap house-brand converters being sold. As I understand they were all produced in one or two factories and branded whatever the retailer wanted. On a VHS camcorder and the TV sets of the time, it was pretty difficult to judge how back the were. When HD came along, the factory or factories were in trouble. Then along came digital still camera to save them. They greatly increased the price, and applied "Digital Ready" stickers to the boxes and sold a bunch of them. Results were predictably terrible.

-- hide signature --
 lnbolch's gear list:lnbolch's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 8400 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow