Indoor Basketball Photgraphy

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Questions thread
Mark H
Senior MemberPosts: 2,826
Like?
Use 'Sport' scene mode (assign to 'SP1/SP2')...
In reply to laurie81, Nov 19, 2012

laurie81 wrote:

Hello, I am new to the forum. I have a Fuji Finepix HS25 EXR camera. I am just a mom trying to figure out how to capture the best sports photos with it. However I am not very camera savvy yet. Could someone tell me what settings I should use to take indoor basketball photo's so they will turn out crisp and not blurry. Thanks!

Hello 'just a mom'..

Since your photography/camera knowledge is limited - I think your best bet would be...

With the camera in shooting mode, press 'Menu/OK' and assign 'Sport' scene mode to 'SP1' (scene position) mode 'SP1' [User manual - pages 84 and 26]

Then set the main camera mode dial to 'SP1' (double check there is a 'sport' icon displayed) and then you can "just let the camera do the rest".

The camera will tend to shoot at high ISO/high shutter speeds - images may well be quite noisy due to the high ISO (depending on light levels), but they will be be sharper due to less motion blur from the higher shutter speed.

The flash may fire, (if you have it 'on') - but if you are some distance from the subject then it may not help much at all. N.B. If flash is not allowed at the venue you should turn the flash 'off'.

Finally, you might consider whether you want to shoot with 'Continuous Shooting (Burst Mode)' set to 'Top(n)' - which will shoot 'n' shots in quick succession if you hold the shutter release down [User manual - page 42/43 - note: flash will not be used]. Beware, if you shoot too many continuous shots at a time, it can lock up the camera until it finishes writing to the memory card (and you may use up your memory card space faster).

Link to User Manual... http://www.fujifilm.eu/uploads/tx_fujifilmproducts/downloads/HS25EXR-manual_01.pdf

Anyway - good luck, and let us know how it works out, and perhaps post some results.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow