EOS M fast focus

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,991Gear list
Like?
EOS M fast focus varies from lens to lens....
In reply to Atoche, Nov 19, 2012

focus speed seems to be an issue - I do have not purchased the EOS-M, I want too - but comments like your post, and reviews like the one below have me hedging my bets... I don't want to be in "point and shoot h@ll" due to slow performance of the camera...

I wrote about the greater speed of the 18-55mm f/2.8 IS M-Lens when I handled it for the first time.  I find that the speed of the lens (and the rate of shots taken in "burst mode") is entirely dependant on the lens used.  With native M-Lenses the burst mode is something like 1.7 fps but with EF-Lenses, the speed is greatly increased to an enjoyable 4.3 fps.  But AF speed, whilst not quite as fast as a DSLR with an OVF, it faster with some lenses than others.  And the focus accuracy is impressive.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50172551

I purchased the EOS-M (body only with EF-Lens Adapter) after handling it.  So far I'm very happy with it although I'd sure like to get that 18-55mm M-Lens when it becomes available by itself.  I find the focus speed to be better than most compacts with the right lens.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow