Like?
Re: pentax K5 sharper with live view?
In reply to Brad99, Nov 19, 2012

Brad99 wrote:

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Brad99 wrote:

sfa1966 wrote:

BobORama wrote:

IMO, having to do manual micro-focus adjustment should be unnecessary. There should be an automatic adjustment that uses contrast and phase focus sequentially and adjusts automatically. Its something that the camera could do in about a second or two. And its largely something that could be done in code.

Nice one. Get yourself a patent on that idea.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
sfa

He would have a problem there. My idea first, or at least I've never seen any other mention of it until now since my post last year.........

Self-calibration

Nah ... I have written about it earlier. I wanted it for my K-7, finding the manual micro adjustment tedious and not so accurate. I even tried to see if I could implement it using tethering. But ... it seems like you cannot do micro adjustments over the tethering protocol.

Now he says.... do you realise how long it took me to find my old summer 2011 calibration post what with DPR's lousy search function

You can blame me, I invented that...

BobORama's gear list:BobORama's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow