Nokia 920 vs. Canon S100

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
seri_art
Senior MemberPosts: 2,166Gear list
Like?
Re: No problem with the 920!
In reply to ryder78, Nov 19, 2012

Differences in white balance occur often between cameras and may not be consistent. I shoot RAW with my S100 so i can adjust WB to my taste during conversion. In this case, the default WB is warmer and more to your liking from the 920. If you had an S100, you could easily get the WB, saturation, etc., that you prefer.

ryder78 wrote:

ryder78 wrote:

Conclusion : The 920 has been proven to be quite a capable camera phone. Perhaps not better than the S100 but certainly good enough for a compact device that doubles up as a phone.

An edit to the comment above. Based on the images above, I feel the S100 may not be better camera than the 920. As a matter of fact, I actually prefer the more natural, warmer and richer colors on the 920 in the first two images although the contrast and detail on the S100 is a *smidgen* better.

What an interesting turn of events.

seri_art's gear list:seri_art's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow