Do any of you use an iPad for photography post/filing when traveling?

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Philip Corlis
Contributing MemberPosts: 821Gear list
Like?
Re: Do any of you use an iPad for photography post/filing when traveling?
In reply to BennyKingston, Nov 19, 2012

The iPad and a MacBook are two very different critters and so the price difference. I have both but I am just now looking into the iPad as a travel device. I don't have many answers but here are a few things to consider...

If you do go the iPad route strongly consider the 64 GB model.

If you use Lightroom - look into the Photosmith app - it parrots the LR "Library" module and allows you to wirelessly transfer your photos and their organization, ratings, keywords, etc. to you main LR catalog.

The reported "fix" for the Apple Camera Connection kit and iOS 6.01 is to double click the iPad Home button and shut down all apps, switch off the iPad, switch it back on  and connect camera or card via the kit. This only needs to be done once. I have not had a chance to confirm this solution as I'm away from home but the Apple support forums have a few threads on this "fix."

Good luck with your decision but remember the iPad and any laptop represent very different capabilities.

-- hide signature --

Phil
www.PhilCorlis.com
www.FindingBritain.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow