Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
bigpigbig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,593Gear list
Like?
Re: Japan Surf Pics
In reply to MuMinded, Nov 19, 2012

MuMinded wrote:

Thanks BigPigBig,

Kobe hun? Yeah, I heard there was some good surfing down that way... These pictures are on the east coast of the Chiba penninsula. The waves were nice yesterday, but my friend said that when a Typhoon comes in, they are almost twice that high.. The were big, but sort of rollers and the face of the wave was too shallow (he said..) Anyway, he got some good long rides.. He would ride it all the way into the beach, get out then walk back down the 300 meter peer, jump in and do it all over agian.. Nice way to surf!

Yeah, almost 20 years ago now.

It was a blast. I'd get the train from my apartment into Osaka, then take the overnight ferry from Osaka, then hitchhike with what ever group of surfers would pick my up. I spoke little Japanese so it was surfers enjoying surfers. I want to some amazing places that I would never had otherwise.

Shikoku gets great waves. Raw and powerful. Best when it is not too big.

I miss Japan. Might come back someday.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow