Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bill Randall
Forum ProPosts: 14,561Gear list
Like?
Re: Pension deficit at $34 Billion
In reply to Wheatfield, Nov 19, 2012

Wheatfield wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

It sound to me like some companies did not fund their retirement program each year, and perhaps waited until employees retired. In this case employees could lose their entire retirement. In this case, again, the government agency would cover the cost. Why would the government allow this situation is beyond me, and perhaps they don't, I just don't know.

This is exactly what Hostess Foods did with their employee pension fund. They raided it so that their (former) employees no longer have a pension, but they were able to afford to pay hundreds of millions to their executive team who sunk the company.

Two things that are amazing, one is that they can get away with stealing from their employees this way, more amazing that people defend these actions and blame the corporate malfeasance on the employees'

-- hide signature --

It's the Conservatives, stupid

It's the Conservatives! Great statement. The liberals had nothing to do with it. If they did, then it would render your statement stupid.

Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow