Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Amin Sabet
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,709Gear list
Like?
Re: @Anders
In reply to noirdesir, Nov 19, 2012

noirdesir wrote:

Amin Sabet wrote:

The 17/1.8 has more red/cyan lateral CA. The 20/1.7 has more purple/green fringing, which I think is a combination of longitudinal CA and spherochromatism (definitely not sensor blooming - everywhere you see the purple fringing, you also see green fringing. Clearly some sort of optical aberration).

Amin,

do you mean with that if there is purple 'fringing' but no green fringing it might not be lens related but sensor blooming?

No, I don't think any purple fringing is due to sensor blooming.  I think PF is always lens related.  Perhaps occasionally microlens related.  Basically what this guy says: http://toothwalker.org/optics/chromatic.html

However, I know a lot of people think it can be sensor bloom, so I'm pointing out the corresponding green fringing to nip any such theory in the bud as relates to these crop samples.

-- hide signature --
 Amin Sabet's gear list:Amin Sabet's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow