A camera that takes better shots than an old A510? The 110hs doesn't.

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
geepondy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,319
Like?
Re: A camera that takes better shots than an old A510? The 110hs doesn't.
In reply to Scrivener, Nov 19, 2012

I bought an S100 last year to replace my SD870, a reasonably regarded Canon elph.  The S100 beats it in image quality in all lighting conditions but of course much more so in low lighting conditions.  Even in good lighting, the S100 image is sharper and more detailed although I don't think you would notice on say a 4x6 print.

Interesting comments regarding the 110HS.  I see it listed in a couple of Black Friday sites for $129.  I've told a couple of prospective buyers it's probably a good camera if $130 is all you can spend but I wonder at least in good lighting, is it really any better than some of the A series cameras (also some good BF deals).  Often times for the very casual photographer, they'll be using a flash anyways in lower lighting condition.

Scrivener wrote:

Thanks, Paul, for such an informative and helpful response. Depressing, but helpful.

Maybe Sony will offer a holiday deal that will bring the RX100 down from the stratosphere into my budget...then again, this is Sony. Sigh.

So, what is your opinion of the lens-error challenged s100, assuming Sony continues its usual business mode? Bigger sensor, albeit only slightly bigger, lower mp...any noticeable improvement?

Or the lx-5?

Pocketability isn't a deal breaker for me.

Thanks again, I appreciate it,

Scrivener

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow