Not a beginner, exactly, but would appreciate your thoughts...

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Scrivener
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
Re: Not a beginner, exactly, but would appreciate your thoughts...
In reply to RobG67, Nov 19, 2012
So there's the answer - camera buyers are very price sensitive, and camera makers make a product to fit the price. Which isn't to say that you can't get good images from a cheap camera - you just need to learn which conditions trigger the problems you want to avoid, and find ways to shoot around them. Some problems, of course, can't be avoided. As always, yer gets what yer pays for.
-- hide signature --

Rob.

Hi Rob,

Great analogy with the knickers.

The trick, as I see it, is indeed getting what you pay for.  The higher priced cameras, like the Canon's G1X, has problems (or shortcomings, based on design, you know what I mean), as does every other expensive camera out there.

Where is the balance, do you think?  Where the price point matches quality...probably subjective, as everyone is different.

I'm thinking the S100 / G12 with a larger sensor might help, but the 'new' S110 and G15 don't seem to be very uber-iffic, especially compared to their predecessors...

Does anyone have thoughts about the whole 4/3 deal?  I can't use a viewfinder, so the dSLR is out, which would leave the 4/3?

Thanks to everyone for responding,

Scrivener

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow