EOS M fast focus

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jorrit
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
Re: EOS M fast focus
In reply to Peter Bendheim, Nov 18, 2012

While it's obviously great that you enjoy your camera (and I'm surprised to hear you like it better than the Nikon V1 - which I have personally never used), I'm not questioning any of the details you mention here, or whether or not focus speeds are acceptable.

What I am questioning is if the focus speed (and only the focus speed, not the speed of your flow) is truly any different between using the touch screen and the shutter button. I would find it hard to believe this is the case - and my tests say otherwise on both the pancake as well as adapter+24-105. I don't have the 18-55 (yet) but I'll certainly repeat this test when I do ... (it's not currently in stock anywhere in my country outside of the kit)

As you seem to have the lens, please but it through the same test. Mount on a tripod, defocus, capture with shutter, defocus, capture with touch screen. Repeat a few times. Is there really a difference in focus speed ?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow