Recommendations for handheld documentary/social/street/photojournalism? + OM-D E-M5 or GH3

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Visualartivist
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?
Re: Recommendations for handheld documentary/social/street/photojournalism? + OM-D E-M5 or GH3
In reply to Dheorl, Nov 18, 2012

Basically try them both out, see how they feel in your hands and what you personally think of the screen/viewfinder/menus etc. Most limitations of actual quality from either camera can be worked around. I hate the feel of the EM5, alot can't seem to get enough of it, it's therefore probably best to try both out for yourself.

I think that's the best thing I could possibly do to make my decision. Between the OM-D E-M5 and GH2, one does still better, one does video better, both are completely different in look, feel, and menu setup. Since I'm 50/50 for video and still prioritization, I think the one that feels better to me is the one I should choose (although the weather sealed OM-D E-M5 sounds better for the rain forest where I'll be for a year), but I can't find anywhere in the area that has either on hand.

Bernie's Photo Center, the only camera shop suggested on these forums, does not carry the OM-D E-M5 and no longer carries the GH2.

For the love of all things good in this world, is there anywhere in or near Pittsburgh that carries these bodies???

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow