Mirrorless? What's your opinion?

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,236Gear list
Like?
$1,000 or more a month with a point and shoot.
In reply to DannyRadikal, Nov 18, 2012

Just dropped by to see what this forum was about, and saw your question.  I shot with a Nikon system for around 40 years, and was very happy when I found the m 4/3 systems.  Back in the day, we shot mostly with primes, as when zooms first came out, they were very bad when it came to giving you a good photo to work with, and very slow.  You could get by with just the kit lens that comes with these m 4/3 systems, but if you really want to get the most out of one you would need to purchase either a few better zooms or prime lens.  Because I shoot a lot of street, I most often have my 20mm lens mounted to my G3.  When I don't have that one, it would be the 14mm.  Both are great lens and as good if not better than my 17-35mm Nikon lens that cost over $1,600 when I bought it.  I almost never use either of my two zoom lens, the 14-45 and the 45-200 so they stay in the big bag in my car.  I have my two lens bag that has both the 14 and 20mm lens in it, but when I want to go light, I have a small bag, that I can just fit the G3 with the 20mm lens, one extra battery and a 16gb card.  Nice thing about the G3, is that the image taken with it print as good or better than that taken with my Nikon D200 and the 17-35 lens witch together cost over $3,000 when they were new.

I sell for publication to magazines, and they are using the photos that I am taking with my G3.  A few years ago, one of the magazines that I sell to had an article about their 5 best photographers.  They all listed their equipment when they talked about their work.  One photographer, whose work I followed, often made more than $1,000 per month selling to this magazine, and he did it month in and month out.  When he told about which camera he used, it was a point and shoot, not a DSLR, not a large format like some of the others, but a point and shoot.  One other photographer I have talked to sells to National Geographic, and when he saw my old GF1, he said that he needed to get one as he was shooting with a point and shoot.

If you are thinking that a m 4/3 or full frame, or DX camera will give you better results, think about those two I know who are selling and making good money with a point and shoot.  It isn't the camera, it is the person behind the camera that makes the difference.

www.photosbypike.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow