(self) Wet clean -D800 vs. D800E

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 11,350
Like?
Re: (self) Wet clean -D800 vs. D800E
In reply to anotherMike, Nov 18, 2012

anotherMike wrote:

Personally, I've switched over to the pre-packed pre-moistened 3 paks of sensor swab with eclipse fluid. No need to try and figure out if you're putting too much or too little on the swab - just open up the pre-moistened pack and go. Works like a champ.

My experience with the pre-moistened pads was a little different. Bought them from Amazon. They did not seem very moist. I had to add a couple drops of Eclipse for them to be effective. Perhaps they had dried out.

I also had to replace the pads with strips cut from PEC-PADs to get all the oil. One is not supposed to use a pad for more than one swipe per side of the swab. This is to minimize the possibility of scratching the sensor with picked up grit.

Copper Hill Images sells their own swabs with a pack of pre-cut pad strips. They also sell Eclipse liquid.

Probably why you don't see me complaining or threatening class action lawsuits and all that other childish BS when I had some oil issues with the 800E back in the late summer....

+1

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow