Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fuzzwang
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
What flash for a keen amateur?
Nov 18, 2012

It should be obvious I'm an amateur as I'm on here asking this question! I have an A57 and am primarily interested in wildlife and nature photography with some dabbling in landscapes although I don't have the ideal lenses for that yet. In the future when I have more experience I'd like to get into pet portraits so with this in mind I've begun a college course to get myself a little more formal advice and training. I'll be honest, I have zero interest in taking shots of people so I've had the luxury of avoiding buying a flash until I was more experienced. I am aware flash has a part to play in freezing motion but I've buried my head in the sand and worked around that until now. As I have become much more secure in how my camera performs I am aware of a glaring lack of knowledge about flashes and their applications. I can't put it off any longer. If I am to get the best from my photography course and break out of this strange 'anti-flash' mind set I've developed then I need to start playing with the technique and admit it's not just for taking snaps of posing people!

In short, what can people recommend as a suitable unit for an a57? My budget isn't great, I'm not really wanting to go over £150 at the absolute maximum. If I'm honest I still don't want to commit to learning flash (no idea why, just can't get excited about it!) so I'm only pushing myself into this because Christmas is coming and I know I should sort it out!

Thanks for any advice/info.

Kally

Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow