RX1 Street Photography: First Impressions

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,552Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 Street Photography: First Impressions
In reply to tesilab, Nov 18, 2012

tesilab wrote:

The thing is, I've been finding the tilt-screen at least as valuable as an EVF, and much better for stealth shooting. I really wish there were a fast tilt screen/leaf shutter/touch focus system on the market, but right now there isn't.

I started paying attention to how often I tilt the screen on my 5N and it's a feature I use for many of my shots. I tried taking a day and not using the tilt screen. It was awkward at times, but manageable. However, it was annoying enough that I canceled my RX1 pre order. I may still get it, but I figured I'd at least wait and get many user reports first as image quality may win out. That being said, my alternative was to move to the D600 (that's out for sure) or the Canon 5D Mark III (still in the running). The more I thought about the tilt-able LCD, the more I am now considering the A99. Funny how important that feature has become to me and how I don't mind if I ever get to use a viewfinder again (which I used to use all the time on my Nikon D70).

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 OnePlus One +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow